Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday thoughts


I am finally making some more progress on the fish mosaic. Olive likes to pull the tiles off the backing for me and she says, "You crack it!" as she hands them to me. I finished up the head this morning and all that's left is the dorsal fin, which I have been avoiding because I'm not sure how to tackle it. If I play my cards right, I can hopefully finish it this week. I still have to go back and pick at the thinset that's between some of the tiles from when I first started. Otherwise, it fills up the space where the grout should go, and then you'll see little bits of white between the tiles. Annoying. I'm glad I switched back to the glue. Thinset is not my friend. I just wish I'd figured that out before I bought a 50 lb. bag of it.

I am psyched about class tomorrow night. I have to start brainstorming ideas for salt and pepper shakers. So far I have nothing, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Props to my freind Marnie, who is in labor as I write this. Hang in there! I hope everything goes as you want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment