Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hot Hot Hot


Ha! Tile for the next mosaic has been ordered! I'm very excited. I just bought the board today at Home Depot. I has wood at home, but it just wasn't big enough. I just like to work large, especially with mosaics. That's the best way to get nice gradations in color and form. It's also expensive, heavy and somewhat unweildy, but I'm not worrying about any of that yet. The next mosaic is going to be a hippo tang, and yes, I like it because it's blue and it gave me an excuse to order blue tiles.

It's also looking like I might have to make some tomato sauce this weekend... the tomatoes are starting to ripen up. I've definitely learned that there are some things that work and somethings that just don't work when it comes to this container gardening thing. It's all a big experiment; it gives me ideas for next year.

The State Fair application has been officially mailed in, so I'm really excited. I have now committed myself to at least one batch of Bread and Butter pickles and some Peach jam. I figured as many categories as I can enter, the better my odds.

It is quite literally 96 degrees in the office today. The Heat Index is reading 104. Yippee!
Off to ceramics class tonight too. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment