Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Sunday evening

Very tired of the cold. It's starting to piss me off. Cold = Depressing. I just keep flipping through seed catalogs, thinking of how long before I can start tomato seeds in the dining room. I can't quite explain the joy I feel when I see little seedlings emerging. It's like magic. One day you come home from work and they're just there. They are just so hopeful, I can't help but smile.

I had many grand plans to get lots of projects done this weekend and didn't get a single one of them done. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself about it. I have been thinking about a mosaic project I want to start. I want to sculpt a crow either out of clay or wood with a chicken wire frame. Then I'm going to coat it and use it as a base for smalti. Of course, I don't want this to be misconstrued as a "Raven" because I could not careless about football. (Although it did cross my mind that this might make it a more saleable item) It has nothing to do with that. I've just been looking around at the crows in the neighborhood lately. They are really smart and resourceful.

My other project for the weekend which I didn't manage to do was to make a batch of sauerkraut. I put all the pickles in jars in the fridge, and gave a bunch away. I bought the cabbage, and I even have the muddler and everything. (How many women ask for sauerkraut muddlers for Christmas?? Talk about low maintenance!) Maybe one night this week I can get it started. I have been having a hard time getting anything done in the evenings lately. I don't know what it is; I feel like Olive is going through a very whiny stage right now which really gets to me some times. I'm sure it will improve, but boy can it test your patience. Sometimes I just have to walk away for a few minutes and regroup a bit. It's all part of the experience, I'm just going with it. (what else can you do?)

The other day Marc was showing Olive a picture of a chickadee in a book. He asked, "What kind of bird is this Olive?" and she replied, "It's a GARBANZO!!" Oh this makes me laugh. Chick pea, chickadee, what's the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment