Monday, November 30, 2009

Finished!

The completed hippo tang... I still have to paint the back black and add the hanging hardware, but yes, it's done. It's going to need fairly substantial hardware too; it's pretty heavy. This definitely requires some wall anchors. I'm very excited though, I'm happy with how it came out, particularly the forsal fin. That was the hardest part to work out, but I think it worked the best in terms of tones and shapes.

Well, today is bleak and cool, a perfect day to be flying to Florida! Yes, In a few short hours I will be in Orlando. My smalti glass mosaic workshop starts tomorrow, and I'm very excited. I am feeling a little guilty for leaving Marc all week with a toddler with a head cold, and for spending money I shouldn't be spending, but what's done is done and I'm going to enjoy it.

And, on a side note, I out up some garlic kosher pickles this weekend. My Mom brought me a pickling crock that she had around; MUCH better than the 5 gallon plastic bucket I'd been using. I also tossed in the last of the green tomatoes from the garden, it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment