Monday, November 23, 2009

Mosaic Workshop in Sunny Florida

I realized I forgot to mention the good news I'm all excited about. I signed myself up for a beginner's smalti glass mosaic workshop in Orlando for the first week in December. There's a studio in Mexico where they make the glass, and they teach classes there too. However, they are all advanced classes. I emailed the woman and she teaches introductory classes at her studio in Orlando, fo r$345 for four days, all materials included. You really can't beat that. So, I figured what the heck. Job is uncertain, economy sucks, why not take a week off and go have fun and learn something new. It's my Christmas present to myself, really. It's about the same as taking a class at Clayworks, so I'll just forego next session there and do this instead. I feel like I need a break anyway. I'm really excited. I am feeling a little guilty about leaving Marc and Olive home; I just wouldn't make sense to bring them, I'd be busy doing my own thing during the day, and we'd end up spending a lot more money on a not very good vacation. Yay! I'm very excited!!!

1 comment: