Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update


I haven't updated this in awhile since I haven't had internet access for two weeks. It was horrible... I forget how much I rely on it until it's gone.

So, one more day of chilly rain, and then it's supposed to warm up a bit. I hope so, I am really tired of this 50 and raining bit. The vegetables look miserable and waterlogged. Despite the dampness, my tomatoes are doing great; I even have some green tomatoes already on the Thessaloniki. The cucumbers are worrying me; they look a little yellow; I'm not sure if this means they need fertilizer, or if I've been fertilizing too much. Or, perhaps it's just too damned cold for them. They are doing OK, but they are not exactly thriving. I'll just have to wait and see.

My hardy banana is once again back with a vengeance, and is trying to take over the world. It actually pushed bricks out of its way this year. One sprout come up in the middle of Marc's succulent bed, so he has decided it is marked for death. No one trespasses in the succulent bed. I'd dig some up and move it, but I don't know where I could move it where it would get enough sun to be happy. I think it may start uprooting the driveway soon.

Olive's birthday party is Saturday; we got a load of mulch last weekend and mulched all the flowerbeds, so things are looking pretty good. We have to mow the lawn before Saturday, but that's about it. I really really hope it doesn't rain because there's no way I can fit all those people in my house. Let alone a dozen or so kids. Marc got some new patio furniture; there's a chair, a chaise lounge and a table. He and Olive got me a fire pit for mother's day, which I absolutely LOVE. It's so cozy out there now, and we actually use it, which is great.

I'm also back to cooking up some ideas for mosaic sculpture projects for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment