Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pies Pies Pies!

I dragged Marc and Olive apple picking in Pennsylvania on Saturday. Seemed like something fun to do. We were listening to This American Life on NPR on the way up and they had a show about people who got screwed by the mortgage crisis. I was so mad that I wasn't paying attention, missed the exit, and drove us 20 miles out of our way. Nevertheless, we did make it to this orchard in the middle of nowhere. However, once you get there, it only takes 15 minutes to pick a huge basket, so I was trying to make the most of it, walking around to the different kinds of apples and getting some of each. I hate red delicious apples. I call bullshit on them; they are mealy, pithy and flavorless. Why do people like them? Anyway, Sunday I made three pies, and gave two away, but I haven't out much of a dent in the giant bag of apples. I made applesauce too, but Olive wouldn't touch it. I just started sneaking it into her oatmeal in the mornings, which she doesn't seem to be aware of.
We went to the National Aquarium on Sunday with my Mom. I haven't been there in years, and it was really amazing. I really liked the Australia exhibit; I had heard people grumbling that it was disappointing, but I thought it was great. We also saw the jellyfish exhibit, which was amazing. Olive said, "They're exquisite!" Yeah, that's my girl. :)

And we saw the tarpon, my favorite fish in the whole world!


No comments:

Post a Comment