Thursday, June 24, 2010

The first tomatoes of the summer

Here they are, at last. The big one on the left is thessaloniki, the beautiful striped ones are tigerellas, the yellow ones are yellow grapes, and a san marzano paste tomato. They are so pretty! Wow. I'm absolutely beaming. It's nice to see the hard work finally pay off. Still sick as a dog, but feeling a bit better today. It is HOT today. I just went out and watered everything before it gets super hot this afternoon. It just seems cruel to be off of work and be sick. What the hell?

I did manage to make 9 jars of cherry jam last night. Now, I still have one bag of blueberries left. I'll probably freeze most of them, maybe make some pie. I have 5 jars of blueberry jam leftover from the workshop. I ended up freezing the last of the cherries. I finally feel like I'm making a dent in it. That was a hell of a lot of fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment