Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NO HFCS!

Day three of my week without High Fructose Corn Syrup.

So far so good; I decided Sunday that I was going to go one week without corn syrup and see how it went. I'm not working this week, so it's been easier because I haven't been tempted by the lure of Sweet Tea. I did get some non-HFCS sweet tea from Trader Joe's and it was really good. I almost tripped up on Monday with a Marzetti salad dressing, but I checked in time an switched to a different kind. It's amazing how much corn syrup is out there, in places you'd never expect it.

I am trying to get into the Urban Farm Summit in DC on Friday. The website says it's sold out, I have been calling trying to see if I can still get a ticket to it. It's an all day event about urban farming and community activist groups. I am searching for some kind of change in my life; I know I do this every few months, but I want to see if I can use my passion for this issue as some kind of gateway to a different career. I thought at the very least I would enjoy learnign some new stuff and maybe get networked with some like minded people. I hope they call me back and have space available.

No comments:

Post a Comment