Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sick as a Dog


How did I manage to get so sick on the middle of this heatwave? I feel horrible. I think I must have caught this from a coworker of mine who has been sick. Boy is it miserable.

Anyway, despite the cold, the jam workshop went off without a hitch last night. It went really well, people seemed to really enjoy it. Karen made crepes and sauteed plantains in brown sugar and we had them all with vanilla yogurt. Very yummy. I felt like I at least looked like I knew what I was doing, so that was good. There's apparently already a buzz about the home made mozzarella I said I was going to make in August. I'll just have to practice the recipe a few times before then to get it right. I figured we could do two batches, and then make some ricotta with the leftover whey. Then, we could make a fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella salad.

The Garden Tour is Saturday, I am trying to get the yard spiffed up. I did some weeding and deadheading this morning, but I feel so shitty and it's so hot out I kind of crashed after a few minutes. I've got to m ow the lawn at some point too.

And, I got the water garden all fixed up, that Drylok paint did the trick perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment